There are few tutorials on the web, that give more detailed info on using software to prep HD video.
If you know how to use a video program such as “Premiere“, “AfterEffects” or “Final Cut Pro“, your really going to need the proper settings that are recognized by the social media sites.
In simple form, the output video should be:
- 1920 x 1080
- H.264 (codec compression)
- Audio 44 (AAC)
- size kept under 1 GB
Once you have this file formatted in this output, as you upload to YouTube of Face book, the site uploader will recognize your file as HD.
Usually this is also indicated by the pull downs on the video that show different sizes to play it by.
In YouTube….the 4 arrow icon should now default to HD on play (full screen)
In Face book…it has a similar operation but in essence it will automatically add that little [HD] symbol
WHY DO WE WANT OUR VIDEO TO BE HD?
A few points:
- looks nicer, sounds nicer
- plays great on web TV’s
- looks better for tradeshows (if set up with TV)
- shows that your team cares about there output repflecting quality (my fav point)
- I tend to think as a whole, its a sign of a online mover and shaker who are seriosu about reflecting a trend leader perception