Ok, this has been an issue that has bugged me from first report by the SEO industry….
The statement is that sitemaps have no SEO value to your on page SEO
Though I disagree, and have tested this numerous times.
Let’s fix that statement:
Sitemaps dont provide SEO however they DO help the search engines find your pages better and quicker. SEO is the art of getting found in the Search Engines, therefore sitemaps do off er SEO value!
OK, take that a step further and simplify:
Sitemaps help get pages found by search engines = SEO is about getting found! Continue reading Why is Sitemap essential to SEO? (sitmemap.xml)
Not an often written subject, I believe a firm SEO’ed package delivery must include a CUSTOM icon for your home page
What is favicon.ico? – Simply that little icon that appears in your browsers favorites
Oh, that thing – why important?
Simple analogy = users see = users may find or investigate quicker
OK, I get it..now how do I create one?
01- create a custom icon graphic 16×16 pixels (note at such small size usually a letter or 2 or small icon is appropriate
02– yep, save that on your computer as a jpg Continue reading Why a favicon.ico is important to SEO? (custom favorites icon)
SEO Friendly? – A few quick steps to give your site a boost in the SERPS
01– Heading tags? (Meta Title tag, Description tag)?
02- Smart – ALT tags?
03- Images named per keywords
04- Keywords as Anchor Links
05- Interlinking | internally linked pages
Interlinking based on Categories, relevant subject matter
06- File names separated by hyphens? (inbound-marketing.html = better than inbound_marketing.html)
07– File names (named) relevant to content Continue reading Is your site SEO friendly – 10 Quick steps to simple optimization
01– Ignoring the Title tag
02) A Flash website without an html alternative – or using flash at all for important website components (navigation, descriptions, Call to Action
04) Website Lack of consistency and maintenance
05) Using only Images for Headings (without ALT Tags) Continue reading Top 10 SEO Mistakes web sites make
01- Domain names are your #1 relevant find factor
(Example: www.FloridaAutomotive.com has much more weight in search engines for finding autmotive parts in Florida that www.Joesautomotiveparts.com)
02– Page Title headers – Are your 2nd most important factor!
(Words always work left to right….meaning in the title Continue reading 6 Essential facts about On-page SEO & meta tags
01– Create Relevant Engaging Landing Pages
02- Create & Submit your RSS feeds to Social Channels
03- Buy Relevant (names) Domains (relevant domain names are top SEO performing metric)
04– Re-Evaluate your Webpages (page by page) fine tune on-page SEO
05– Locate any duplicate content on your site and re-write or delete
06– Create Social Media Business profiles Continue reading 12 Steps to Improving your online traffic ranks
So what’s the deal with “Page Rank”?
Page Rank is Google’s bastard child of a ranking that everyone wishes would go away but still hangs onto like it represents some level of importance. In this list we are referring to the “Page Rank” that shows up in toolbars
1) Page Rank has been more than less dismissed by the SEO community.
2) Page Rank (the toolbar one) is called by many as a Pseudo page rank.
3) Page Rank (the actual one – the one we cant see) is only known by Google alone.
4) Page Rank is not in real time and is reported as being updated every 4 months (or every quarter) (your page’s listing)
5) Page Rank is really named after “Larry Page” even though it has subconsciously adhered into our psyche’s that it was named after web “pages”
6) Page Rank assigns a numerical weight to the importance of a page
7) Google has stated that site owners shouldn’t focus on page rank anymore
8) October 15, 2009, a Google removed PageRank from its Webmaster Tools section.
9) Marketers (or marketing companies) still seem to base value on this dinosaur measurement
10) Marketers (or marketing companies) still try and sell advertising based on “page rank”
11) Because of this, there still are efforts made towards elevating a sites “page rank”
12) Google uses over 200 other methods to optimize the search results (in addition to Page Rank) Continue reading 12 most important facts about ‘Page Rank’