1- Open file “header.php” in your theme
2- Locate the code:
<img src=”<?php header_image(); ?>” width=”<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>” height=”<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT; ?>” alt=”” />
3- Add your Alt Tag to to the portion
4- It should look like this: (though insert your own site info)
<img src=”<?php header_image(); ?>” width=”<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>” height=”<?php echo HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT; ?>” alt=”Simple Inbound – Marketing | SEO” />
Note: Instructions are based on the default “TwentyTen” Theme
(default size is 940×198)
1- Open your file “functions.php” in a text editor
(will be located in your theme)
2- Find the following code:
define( ‘HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT’, apply_filters( ‘twentyten_header_image_height’, 198 ) );
3- Change “198” to your desired size
4– SAVE AND OVERWRITE YOUR PREVIOUS functions.php FILE
5- Re-upload your 198 pixel height banner / header
Continue reading WordPress Theme: How to change the header banner height?
So what’s the deal with “Page Rank”?
Page Rank is Google’s bastard child of a ranking that everyone wishes would go away but still hangs onto like it represents some level of importance. In this list we are referring to the “Page Rank” that shows up in toolbars
1) Page Rank has been more than less dismissed by the SEO community.
2) Page Rank (the toolbar one) is called by many as a Pseudo page rank.
3) Page Rank (the actual one – the one we cant see) is only known by Google alone.
4) Page Rank is not in real time and is reported as being updated every 4 months (or every quarter) (your page’s listing)
5) Page Rank is really named after “Larry Page” even though it has subconsciously adhered into our psyche’s that it was named after web “pages”
6) Page Rank assigns a numerical weight to the importance of a page
7) Google has stated that site owners shouldn’t focus on page rank anymore
8) October 15, 2009, a Google removed PageRank from its Webmaster Tools section.
9) Marketers (or marketing companies) still seem to base value on this dinosaur measurement
10) Marketers (or marketing companies) still try and sell advertising based on “page rank”
11) Because of this, there still are efforts made towards elevating a sites “page rank”
12) Google uses over 200 other methods to optimize the search results (in addition to Page Rank) Continue reading 12 most important facts about ‘Page Rank’